The Leadership Spokane program is an intensive, 10-month commitment to personal growth, professional development and community service. Participants gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a citizen-leader and explore the tenets of servant leadership. At the same time, they develop a broad knowledge of the Spokane community and key issues facing the region. This knowledge is put into practice throughout the program through tours and community service activities. Finally, participants build a strong local network while also learning to create a personal leadership vision and a plan to achieve it.
We are a catalyst - educating and uniting diverse, collaborative leaders to ensure a vibrant Spokane.
How do we define leadership?
Leadership is the ability to inspire others to achieve a common goal, the outcome of which is greater than what they would have otherwise been able to accomplish.
Topics covered during the course of the program include:
- Servant Leadership
- Regional Economy
- Healthy Community
- Human Needs
- Media and Communication
- Intercultural Competence
- The Arts
- Community Involvement
- Community Immersion Experience - Acquire relevant understanding of our community
- Identify opportunities, and increase problem solving skills
- Acquire diversity and cross-cultural competency
- Learn how to set community examples and standards
- Learn "life-long" leadership skills for your professional and personal life
- Improve team building and communication skills
- Learn about practical leadership skills
- Build confidence, self-esteem and enhance social skills through peer-to-peer learning
- Obtain Servant Leadership skills
- Participate in a strong alumni association
- Build relationships across business sectors and differences